dates, programs and auctions
Retromobile 2023 opens its doors for the 47th edition where we will see some exhibitions that are now well known… and others that are completely new. Say hello to Vanlife.
The Retromobile is back like every beginning of the year at the Porte de Versailles. For its 47th edition, you will see some familiarity there: the Saumur tanks, somewhat repeated in Rétromobile. And for the uninitiated, know that Retromobile, this is “mobility” in the broad sense in the rear view mirror: cars, but also motorcycles, trucks, tractors, military equipment (airplanes!) but also… motorhomes. In fact, the Rétromobile 2023 makes a small place for this fashion that is the Vanlife, which is now essential in the travel adventure.
What if the value of the Renault Twingo 1 suddenly increases?
The Retromobile 2023 program
Retromobile invites you to the show in a vintage car and offers you parking ?
To take advantage of this offer, all you need to do is present your collection vehicle gray card at the show shop to collect your counter-mark ? pic.twitter.com/HPh791TPv8
— Retromobile Paris (@RetromobileFR) January 25, 2023
The magic of passing years is celebrating anniversaries in every way. This will be particularly the case with Renault, which is celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Twingo. But also with Porsche, which participates in Retromobile on the occasion of the “sixtieth year” of the 911 (and not the 60th anniversary, which will take place in 2024). All are good to take!
- The return of Caterham : the small English brand returns for the launch of the 340 in Europe. 3 models are shown.
- The “concept” of Citroën : on the occasion of the release of the new Asterix film, Citroën released a “concept-tank” concept inspired by the 2CV. We leave the outline of the vehicle, but it should appeal to the youngest.
- The DS, performance and technology : Citroën isn’t the sportiest brand in PSA, but it still offers a range of vehicles from yesterday and today. Notably you will find DS E-Tense Performance, DS 9 E-Tense 4×4 360, DS21 Injections and SM Prototype.
- Fiat, the Italian heritage : the Italian group called on its FCA Heritage center to display some legendary models. Italian fans will be able to please themselves with the Alfa Romeo SZ (1989), Giulia Super Sprint (1956), Abarth 850 TC (1964) and the Lancia 037 (1982).
- Morgan, with a preview : Morgan is the example that Rétromobile can accept manufacturers that no longer look to the past. The English brand was at the Porte de Versailles to present the Super 3, something new to the public. The Plus Four and Plus Six currently in the catalog are also on the stand.
- Peugeot, power 4 : the lion this year honors the “4” series. The 403, 404, 405 or even the 406 have been the strength of the manufacturer, without forgetting the current 408. Peugeot presented a 405 cut for Le Mans.
- Porsche, the “fake” anniversary : 60 years of 911? No, rather the “sixties” year since the coupe was launched in 1964. The latest 911 Dakar is part of it. Another anniversary: 75 years of Porsche since the launch of the 356.
- In Twingo in Renault : 30 years for the little diamond that delighted families who wanted a versatile urban vehicle. Times have changed, the Twingo has been replaced by the Clio and Captur in these mixed uses. But the first generation remains a major part of our automotive landscape.
- The Vanlife : several vehicles will be displayed in this growing theme. The Volkswagen Combi, Peugeot J7, Chrysler cabriolet 1933, Renault Estafette, Simca 1100 motorhome, Fiat 850 Familiare minibus equipped with its period roof tent, Citroën 2 CV Tour du Monde, Peugeot D4B, and Commer motorhome can provide ideas
- The Volkswagen ID.Buzz in neo-retro : Volkswagen participates in Rétromobile with the latest ID.Buzz, in the middle of an exhibition on the history of the famous Combi and the 70th anniversary of the most famous van.
Focus on Vanlife in the 2023 edition of Rétromobile
As you will notice, a number of cars from our time are present at Rétromobile, which seems to be a good place for the presentation of some new things. Manufacturers are now taking advantage of Retromobile to talk about the latest products. ID.Buzz and the 911 Dakar are there to prove it.
The Artcurial auction
It’s a tradition! The Artcurial auction house, which takes advantage of the Retromobile exhibition every year to offer rare cars. The 2023 edition is no exception to the rule with a sales catalog estimated at 80 million euros, making it an absolute record in the history of Rétromobile. The selling stars are the Ferrari 250 LM and 250 GT Lusso, or the Mercedes AMG collection.
- Friday, February 3, 2023 – 2 pm / 9 pm
- Saturday February 4, 2023 – 2 pm / 7 pm
- Sunday February 5, 2023 – 2 pm / 6 pm
Retromobile 2023 in a nutshell
- Clubs and federations
- Event organizers
- Dealers of spare parts and tools
- car sales
- An auction
- Services (bodybuilders, mechanics, insurers, etc.)
Practical information from Rétromobile 2023
- From February 1 to 5, 2023, Parc des Expositions, Paris (Pavilion 1, 2.2 and 3).
- Wednesday February 1, 2023: 10am-10pm
- Thursday February 2, 2023: 10am-7pm
- Friday February 3, 2023: 10am-10pm
- Saturday February 4, 2023: 10am-7pm
- Sunday February 5, 2023: 10am-7pm
The price of entry remains high compared to a show like Epoqu’Auto, which is clearly not worthy of Retromobile. But it’s worth noting that Rétromobile is calming things down: Prices are dropping by 2023. Last year, the full price was €20 and €21.
- Full price (until January 24, 2023): €19
- Full price D-7 (from January 25 to 31, 2023): €20
- Full price during the show (from February 1 to 5, 2023): €21
- Evening preview (Tuesday 31 January from 7 pm to 10 pm): €55
- 5-day pass + preview evening: €125
- Group rate (from 10 tickets purchased): €16