The results of the night in the NBA, that of Dennis Schroder
Pelicans @ magic : 110-123
knicks@ hawks : 124-139
Warriors @ Riders: 120-114
heat @ Mavericks : 90-115
Clippers @Spurs: 131-126
Pacers @ nuggets : 111-134
net @ Jazz: 117-106
grizzlies@ Lakers : 121-122
thunder @ Kings : 113-118
Schroder and the Lakers stopped the Grizzlies’ crazy streak
– End of streak for the Memphis Grizzlies! After 11 consecutive victories, the Tennessee franchise fell to the floor of the Los Angeles Lakers (121-122). A victory the Angelenos seized thanks to an individual signature act Dennis Schroder.
After blocking the Desmond Bane, the German scored a lay-up to take the lead by one point… foul earned. By converting his free throw, he gave his side a two-point lead with 7.6 seconds left in the game. And Brandon Clarke then shook his head at the line when he missed the free throw.
To win, the Lakers, leading by 7 points with 3 minutes remaining, outscored the Grizzlies 15-7 in money-time. On an individual level, in addition to Schroder (19 points), LeBron James (23 points) held its rank. But it is mostly Russell Westbrook (29 points) that hurts the bench!
In front, Yes Morant (22 points) didn’t have a good night (9/29 in shots), while Stevens Adams (16 points, 17 rebounds) made a big yard inside. The contributions of Clarke (20 points) and Tyus Jones (20 points) wasn’t enough to keep the Memphis streak going.
– In addition to this victory of the Lakers, this match was also marked by a scramble at halftime. Former American footballer and now consultant, Shannon Sharpe had an argument with Dillon Brooks, Steven Adams and Ja Morant. Even the father of the Grizzlies point guard participated in the tense exchange.
A big fan of LeBron James, Sharpe obviously enjoyed himself by evoking, through words, the young talents of Memphis. First escorted by security after this incident, he was then allowed to resume his place in the room.
ESPN video of Shannon and the Grizz + Tee Morant pic.twitter.com/wSbKc1jLz1
— CJ Fogler AKA Perc70 #BlackLivesMatter (@cjzero) January 21, 2023
Irving’s show, the Mavs can defend!
– No Kevin Durant ? Kyrie Irving take matters into your own hands! Struggling and not winning a game since KD’s injury, the Brooklyn Nets finally won against the Utah Jazz (117-106). And Irving is just awful.
Author of 48 points, the playmaker especially scored 21 points in the last quarter to make the difference. Unsustainable in money-time, he made Jazz hell. Supported by Nic Claxton (20 points), Irving held his team in the game despite two other players over 10 points (Seth Curry and Royce O’Neale).
In front, Jordan Clarkson (29 points) and Lauri Markkanen (22 points) has been struggling for a long time. But they couldn’t deal with his XXL performance at the end of the game.
– Jason Kidd didn’t push a rant for nothing. Regrouped against the defensive performance of his team, the coach of the Dallas Mavericks got a good response: a victory, with authority, against the Miami Heat (115-90).
With a good defense, the Texans completely stopped the Floridians. Like a Jimmy Butler limited to 12 points (3/7 on shots). As he usually does, Luka Doncic (34 points, 12 rebounds, 7 assists) took the game to himself. And he led his people to victory with Spencer Dinwiddie.
Jason Kidd blows up the Mavs defense!
The Hawks continued, the Warriors and the Magic created a surprise
– Without saying too much, the Atlanta Hawks are finding colors. In the victory against the New York Knicks (139-124), Trae Young (27 points) and his partners found themselves on a streak of 5 consecutive victories.
Helped well by an outdated New York defense, the Hawks had fun, as did a sharp Dejounte Murray (29 points, 12 assists). But even collectively there is a sense of progress with 4 other players at 14 points: De’andre Hunter (20 points), John Collins (17 points), Onyeka Okongwu (14 points) and Bogdan Bogdanovic (14 points) .
With the Knicks, Julius Randle (32 points, 9 rebounds) did his best to keep his team in the game. But New York got a splinter in the 4th quarter and never came back.
– The victory for the Golden State Warriors on the floor of the Cleveland Cavaliers (120-114) should not represent “a surprise”. Especially if we start by saying that the formation of Ohio was denied Donovan Mitchell. But it’s the Dubs B team!
Without all the frames, the Warriors, being carried Jordan Poole (32 points), managed to win. Also in a Ty Jerome (22 points, 8 assists) inspired, Golden State was able to increase the good gap and then prevent the Cavs’ comeback. Darius Garland (31 points) is a bit too sad.
Jordan Poole became the FASTEST Warrior to hit 500 threes 🎯 pic.twitter.com/1x6LO136jT
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) January 21, 2023
– Another surprise tonight: the victory of the Orlando Magic against the New Orleans Pelicans (123-110). However, it is both a surprise to put into perspective the disadvantages of Zion Williamson and Brandon Ingram for the Louisiana franchise.
CJ McCollum (23 points), although clumsy (6/21), took his role as leader. But the Florida youth, led by a great Franz Wagner (30 points), had a good finish to the game to win. Note the beautiful effect of the duo Cole Anthony (22 points) – bowl bowl (12 points) from the bench.
The Kings and the Nuggets continue, winning again for Leonard
– The Sacramento Kings aren’t really funny anymore. Seriously, the Californians dumped the Oklahoma City Thunder (118-113). Been on fire for the past few months, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (37 points) was still happy.
But the collective of the Kings really has the answer. And besides the good performance of the rookie Keegan Murray (29 points – record -, 14 rebounds – record -), Sacramento is also waiting De’Aaron Fox (23 points) and the triple-double of Domantas Sabonis (18 points, 14 assists and 14 rebounds). Solid.
MVP Race vol. 3: Two Slavs and a Celtic, the excitement remains
– Even if there is none Nikola Jokic, the Denver Nuggets keep winning. Against the Indiana Pacers (134-111), Jamal Murray decided to pay tribute to the Serb: a triple-double with 17 points, 14 assists and 10 rebounds.
With a Aaron Gordon (28 points) good and a Michael Porter Jr. (19 points) gaining momentum, so Denver flew into the debates. And the Pacers had a hard time responding, except for the kid Benedict Mathurin (19 marks).
– Kawhi Leonard back in San Antonio, it takes emotions. But for his part, the winger of the Los Angeles Clippers managed his own quite well… With 36 points, Leonard led his team to victory (131-126).
Despite the strong resistance of the Texans, including Keldon Johnson (23 points), the Californians were brought by the best performance of their star this season. After 9 losses in 11 matches, Los Angeles is (somewhat) holding its head high. Obviously, we loved this scene between Kawhi and Gregg Popovich…
We love a good Kawhi and Pop moment ❤️ pic.twitter.com/3qcDw9tx3x
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) January 21, 2023
Podcast #73: OKC, the team of the future?