If you want to record an important conversation during a call, you can use the call recording feature. Samsung has an inbuilt call recording feature that users can easily use. If you’re a Samsung user, here’s how to record Samsung phone calls.
We never know when a recorded conversation might come in handy, and so many users like to record their calls. Although call recording is possible, it should be used ethically. There are times when we wish we had recorded this call. And to avoid these situations, you can follow this guide to enable call recording on Samsung.
Is it possible to record calls on Samsung?
Yes, Samsung phones come with built-in call recording. It records phone calls when the user activates it manually or automatically. This feature does not work with WiFi calls. Samsung users can also use third-party apps for recording phone calls, but this is not recommended unless it is a Google app or another trusted app.
Should you record calls?
Now that you know that it is possible to record calls on Samsung, there is a common question that comes to everyone’s mind at least once and that is, should I record calls or not? You can record phone calls for all ethical reasons and only if it is legal in your area.
The call recording feature is handy when you want to write down something the other person is saying to you. And so the easiest way to get this information is to record it instead of writing it down, which just takes time. Additionally, it can be helpful for an agent to share information about a product that may be of interest to you. Well, there may be other reasons depending on the situation.
On Samsung phones, you can enable automatic phone call recording or record phone calls manually. Here you will learn about both methods.
How to Automatically Record Samsung Phone Calls
Make sure you are using the stock composer and not a third party composer.
- Open the Samsung Phone app on your device.
- Tap the three dots available in the right corner.
- Now from the options choose Settings.
- Under call settings you will see many options, select Record calls.
- Now enable the toggle for Automatic call recording.
- To see more options, tap the text Automatically record calls and you can choose between:
- All calls
- Calls with unsaved numbers
- Calls with specific numbers
Depending on your settings, the device will automatically record calls when you are on a call with a specific number, an unsaved number, or all calls.
For disable automatic call recording on Samsung follow the same process but in the last trick switch to Off.
How to Manually Record a Samsung Phone Call
If you want to use call recording only when needed and not all the time, you can manually start call recording every time you are on a call. Better if you want to save storage space and don’t want to record all calls. Here’s how to manually record phone calls.
- Receive or make calls on your Samsung phone using the stock dialer.
- While on a call, tap the three dots on the phone call screen.
- push the Record a call option and Accept the T&Cs.
- It will start recording the call and you will see the recording sign with timer.
When the call ends, the recording is saved to the device. Using the manual method, you can choose to record calls when needed.
How to find recorded calls
The whole point of recording calls is to access them later. All call recordings are saved in a default folder unless you change the default location. If you are using Samsung call recording for the first time, you may need a guide to find recorded calls. Here is the step.
- Open the stock phone app.
- Tap the three dots on the right side and select Settings.
- Now go to Record calls option and select Recorded calls.
- This will take you to the folder where all phone call recordings are saved.
- You can search for a specific note by contact name or number.
- Open the My folders app on your Samsung phone.
- Go to Registration followed by calls.
- All phone call records are in this location.
Can you use third-party apps to record Samsung calls?
Google removed call recording apps from the Play Store, and popular apps like Truecaller removed the call recording feature from its app to comply with Google’s policy. But you can still download third-party apps to record Samsung calls. However, it is recommended to use only stock apps and not trust third-party apps unless they come from a trusted source.
Is call recording legal in all regions?
No, call recording is only valid in certain regions. There are many places where the law prohibits the recording of calls. And in some places, call recording requires consent from both parties. The answer may vary depending on the region where you live. So be sure to check the laws in your area.
How to record phone calls on Samsung
Now you know how to enable and use the call recording feature on Samsung phones. You can use automatic call recording with some filters and record calls manually. We also shared how to see saved calls in storage. The call recording feature should be used ethically and the recorded calls should be used wisely.
Related to Samsung:
Want to learn more about iOS 16? Here is a new video on the new Apple operating system for the iPhone.