The results of the night in the NBA
Sixers @ Pistons: 123-111
Blazers @ Raptors : 105-117
Hornets @ Pacers : 111-116
net @ Heat: 102-101
jazz @ Grizzlies : 118-123
wolves @Rockets: 104-96
Mavs @ Thunder : 109-120
Cavs @Suns: 112-98
hawks @ Clippers: 112-108
– The Nets will want to focus on nothing more than a 13th win in 14 NBA games, after their victory was stolen in Miami. Again, they showed mental strength at the end of the game, with a decisive basket of Royce O’Neale 3 seconds from the end. Unfortunately, Kevin Durant injured his knee after an unfortunate contact with Jimmy Butler in the 3rd quarter.
Kevin Durant is injured pic.twitter.com/rbB2Kq0WBA
— That’s a highlight (@ClipIt_NBA) January 9, 2023
Kyrie Irving (29 pts), who held the barracks without his friend, explained after the meeting that KD was in good spirits and was just waiting for his MRI the next day. We can only hope for good news.
Kevin Durant has a knee injury, the concern lies with Brooklyn
– Even without Ja Morant, who was left to rest in the last minute, Memphis remains in full swing. The Grizzlies won their sixth straight with a home win over Utah. It’s still very practical to have the best back-up point guard in the NBA, Tyus Joneswhen Morant is away.
Jones (21 pts, 6 wt), assisted by Desmond Bane (24 pts, 9 wt) and Jaren Jackson Jr. (19 pts, 8 rbds, 5 blks), orchestrated this new victory that allowed Memphis to remain on par with Denver at the top of the Western Conference.
– James Harden the Sixers’ driving force in this relatively quiet victory over Detroit. With a triple-double (20 pts, 11 pds, 11 rebounds), the leader of Philadelphia received the support of Tyrese Maxey (23 pts) and Montrezl Harrell (20 pts) to allow his people to not suffer too much in the absence of Joel Embiid.
Killian Hayes was the Pistons’ best player in rebounding with 26 points (personal best in NBA tied), 6 assists, 4 rebounds and 3 steals, shooting 11/17 (4/8 from 3 points).
The career record equals 🔥
— NBA France (@NBAFRANCE) January 9, 2023
– When Pascal Siakam (27 pts) and Scottie Barnes (22 pts) manages to perform at the same time, Toronto is more heavy. The Raptors snapped their three game losing streak by dominating Toronto at home. Despite the efforts of Damian Lillard, who scored 14 of his 34 points in the 4th quarter, the Blazers are still winless away from home. This is their 7th straight loss from the Moda Center.
– Myles Turner was absolutely decisive for the Pacers in the evening. Indiana beat Charlotte, thanks mostly to two clutch actions from the inside. Turner tied the score from 3 with 1:11 left in the game, then offered the block of the night to Mason Plumlee with 13 seconds left to keep the Hornets from getting within one point. Call it a busy night for Turner, who finished with 29 points.
Indiana finishes the first part of the season in 6th place, which is still one of the best surprises in the NBA this year.
WHAT A BLOCK BY MYLES TURNER TO SEAL THE PACERS W 🚫 pic.twitter.com/cH5iK0o8tB
— NBA (@NBA) January 9, 2023
– The Wolves’ move to Houston initially looked like a huge failure. Leading by 20 points in the first half of the match, Rudy Gobert and his colleagues were gradually overtaken, in the aftermath of D’Angelo Russell and Anthony Edwards, 22 points both. Besides his double-double (18 pts, 11 rebounds), Gobert set the tone at the start of the 4th quarter by scoring 4 points in Minnesota’s 11-0 rout of the Rockets.
Everything is still not perfect, but what matters is there: the Wolves are on a four-game winning streak and are 9th in the West.
– Dallas without Luka Doncic, we generally know what will happen. The Mavs let the Slovenian rest his ankle on the trip to OKC and the punishment was immediate. The Thunder, led by Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (33 pts), beat a top team at home again, after Boston blew up a few days ago.
Frank Ntilikina played 12 minutes for Dallas off the bench: 6 points, 2 steals and 1 block in 2/2 for the Frenchman.
– Phoenix continues to struggle. The Suns lost again – their 6th straight and 9th in 10 games – and were held to under 100 points by the Cavs. Without Devin Booker or Chris Paul, Monty Williams’ players remained until the 4th quarter, before Cleveland passed the second under the impetus of his second unit (leading Raul Neto and Lamar Stevens).
For the first time this season, the Suns have a negative record.
– In the family of Western teams that are a bit adrift, the Clippers aren’t bad either… They suffered their 6th straight loss last night, losing at home in Atlanta. Kawhi Leonard (29 pts) could have played 38 minutes, Los Angeles lacked consistency and ideas.
Led by 17 points in the first half of the band at Trae Young, the Clippers first turned things around, then got blown out when they were up 11 points in the 4th quarter. A run (17-4) orchestrated by Young (30 pts) allowed the Hawks to leave California with a victory.
Nicholas Batum (6 pts, 5 rbds, 3 pds, 1 blk) held but couldn’t prevent his team from falling again.
Trae Young drops 30 PTS and 8 AST as Hawks get W in LA 👀 pic.twitter.com/ZiLZIYAQVM
— NBA (@NBA) January 9, 2023