Jokic King of Christmas, Boston drains Milwaukee
The results of the night in the NBA
Sixers @ Knicks: 119-112
lakers@ Mavs : 115-124
Bucks @ Celtics : 118-139
grizzlies @ Warriors : 109-123
Suns@ nuggets : 125-128, after extra time
The 2022 Christmas gifts the NBA needs
– The Nuggets are in a good position to finish 2022 at the top of the Western Conference. Denver won the day’s thriller against Phoenix, in a rivalry between ambitious Conferences. Nikola Jokic and his teammates will have to work overtime to get the upper hand on the Suns, a matchup we wouldn’t mind seeing in the playoffs in a few months.
Jokic, who doesn’t care if there’s a game on December 25 or April 12, is still awful enough to finish with a triple-double (41 points, 15 rebounds and 15 assists) and promote the success of his people. The show ofAaron Gordon (28 pts, 13 rebounds), spent his night hitting dunks, including one of the posters of the year (see below), and the magnificent 4th quarter of Jamal Murray (26 points).
On the edge of the Phoenix, Chris Paul (17 pts, 16 wts), Landry Shamet (30 points), Deandre Ayton (22 pts) and Damion Lee (18 pts) have respondents. Since then the night has not started Devin Booker Only 4 minutes on the floor before going out, hit the groin.
AARON GORDON DUNK OF THE YEAR CANDIDATE
NUGGETS LEAD ON ABC/ESPN ?#NBAXmas ?? pic.twitter.com/n0jn4qqaiX
— NBA (@NBA) December 26, 2022
– The Warriors clearly want to charge Yes Morant his statements about not being afraid of any western team this season. Even depopulated, without Stephen Curry and Andrew Wiggins, Golden State played a nasty trick on the Grizzlies for Christmas. Despite Morant’s 36 points, wearing his signature shoe, the Ja 1, for the first time, the Californians were the best digesters of the previous day.
Jordan Poole set the tone with his offensive aggressiveness (32 pts), supported by Clay Thompson (24 pts) and it was in the third quarter that the defending champions made a hole in a game as always very difficult between the two teams. Klay had a little something against Memphis and didn’t hold back when he saw Dillon Brooks, who indicated he was enjoying his matchup with him, on the floor in the final quarter. Obviously, this is worth a technical foul.
Klay Thompson taunts Dillon Brooks after hitting a shot and is called for a technical pic.twitter.com/SLfBvNSxRd
— dave (@nbadaves) December 26, 2022
42 points from the Dubs’ bench, with Ty Jerome, Moses Moody and Anthony Lamb as the main artificers, was also important.
– Boston needs a big win to solidify their dominance in the East at the end of the year. What could be better than having Bucks at home? The Celtics surprised Milwaukee in the second half, with a tandem Jayson Tatum (41 pts) – Jaylen Brown (29 pts) too sharp for the tense Bucks who are now on a three game losing streak.
Giannis Antetokounmpo lost his cool in a clash with Brown in the 4th quarter, going after the C’s winger, whom he complained of brutality. A little beak against beak, nothing too bad, but severe enough to be dealt with in a few months…
Jaylen and Giannis ? pic.twitter.com/4D21wC2m32
— Celtics on NBC Sports Boston (@NBCSCeltics) December 26, 2022
– The Sixers took a while to get into their game at Madison Square Garden, but the spirit of it is there. Philadelphia won its 8th in a row to continue its rise in the standings. While the Knicks dominated them in the first three quarters, Joel Embiid (35 pts, 13 rebounds), James Harden (29 pts, 13 wt) and their companions were upset in the end. George Niangauthor of four 3-point baskets in the lone 4th QT, set the tone for the run (24-9) that allowed the Sixers to win.
Philadelphia is 5th in the East, just three wins out of the lead.
– The Mavs aren’t usually big fans of Christmas games. This time, they were able to please their fans, on the day of the inauguration of Dirk Nowitzki’s statue in front of the hall. Dallas dominated the Lakers, not having to wait for an incredible third quarter to make the difference.
The Texans gave up just 51 points (!) to LA this quarter, a record for an NBA Christmas Game and the most prolific QT of the season. The Lakers, led by LeBron James (38 pts), led by 12 points after returning from the locker room, but was overwhelmed afterward.
Luka Doncic (32 points), Tim Hardaway Jr. (26 pts) and Christian Wood (30 pts, 7 pds) the greatest architect of success. It was the 4th straight loss for the Lakers, who are now 13th out of 15 in the West. The Pelicans are starting to get serious hopes in the Wembanyama Race, they who have the right to trade their pick with the Lakers at the end of the season…