Giannis sovereign, ending the series for the Celtics
The results of the night in the NBA
Hawks @ Cavs : 102-114
Magic @ Pacers : 102-123
Celtics @ Bulls : 107-121
Blazers @ bucks : 111-119
heat @ wolves : 101-105
warrior @ Pelicans : 83-128
Knicks @Kulog: 129-119
jazz @ Clippers : 114-121
The Nets may finally be holding their “Big 3”
– Coincidentally, this is the day we recorded the podcast on the Celtics that their 9-game winning streak will end. It was Chicago, even in a crisis of results, that made Boston bite the dust, without really shaking and controlling the match. DeMar DeRozan (28 pts) and Zach LaVine (22 pts) were the main gunners of the Bulls, who remained at 5 defeats in 6 matches. Jayson Tatum (28 pts) and his teammates, for once, lacked a bit of resistance and gave the impression of resigning themselves rather quickly.
– Suddenly Milwaukee took advantage of the opportunity to get close. The Bucks tossed the Blazers thanks to a longer second half effort and the alien already Giannis Antetokounmpo. The Greek Freak scored 37 points and dished out 6 assists in 35 minutes and on 16/23, with a “small” poster of families in Jusuf Nurkic to his credit to not break anything.
GIANNIS ON NURKIC’S HEAD!! pic.twitter.com/FylZ8seXqy
— Milwaukee Bucks (@Bucks) November 22, 2022
The Bucks have once again been impressive on defense, especially Brook Lopez, author of 5 blocks. Portland had to play without Damian Lillard, again with a calf injury, who again had to endure his problems for a week or two.
Giannis entered the JOB at @Bucks win ?
? @Giannis_An34: 37 PTS, 7 REB, 6 AST, 2 STL pic.twitter.com/Y1QiL1TQut
— NBA (@NBA) November 22, 2022
– If the Cavs didn’t play in the NBA playoffs last year, it was because of the Hawks. The two teams met for the first time since the 2022 play-in and Cleveland got revenge. JB Bickerstaff’s men regained their momentum from the start of the season and won at home. Donovan Mitchell (29 pts, 9 wt) was out in Ohio last season, but that didn’t stop him from being the Cavs’ driving force Darius Garland (26 pts), especially in the 4th quarter where Cleveland increased the gap.
The Cavs are 3rd in the East and are on a 3-game winning streak after losing 5 in a row. This is good news on a mental level for this team that dreams of being an outsider behind the Conference’s two leaders.
– Another classic night’s work for Tyrese Haliburton, the best NBA passer, with a double-double (18 pts, 14 wt) to calmly guide the Pacers to a home victory over Orlando. It’s the 5th straight victory for Indiana, which continues to exceed expectations with an interesting game and great promise, whether the front office decides to cut it or not during a season with many trade. . The Pacers are 4th in the East!
– In the radius of teams in form, Wolves get up there. The play took practice and the chemistry still didn’t seem optimal, but Minnesota still won its fourth straight against Miami. Trailing by 13 points at halftime, Rudy Gobert and his teammates got the nod from Chris Finch and woke up amazingly after the rest.
Karl Anthony Towns (25 points), Anthony Edwards (22 pts) and Jaden McDaniels (22 pts) was the most prolific, while Rudy didn’t take a single shot and focused on defense (9 rebounds and 2 blocks).
The Heat continue to struggle without Jimmy Butler and are now on a 4 game losing streak.
– Steve Kerr suspected that with the move to New Orleans without Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green and Andrew Wiggins, he had little chance of seeing his team win. It was confirmed pretty quickly… The Pelicans put the Warriors through the wringer by winning with… 45 points ahead. The youth of the Golden State took the soup in the face of Brandon Ingram (34 pts, his highest total this season), Zion Williamson (back after three games away) and their companions.
NOLA is fifth in the West while still having clear room for improvement, which is rather encouraging. The Warriors remain in 11th place with a negative balance (8-10).
– The Knicks – and especially their fans – are still reeling from the embarrassment the Thunder inflicted on them at Madison Square Garden a few days ago. New York didn’t score 145 points in 4 quarters this time and showed more toughness and desire on the OKC floor.
Jalen Brunsonwho won’t beat Courtney Lee’s record for consecutive shots since missing one last night, made a charge to his Knicks jersey scoring record (34 pts) with help from RJ Barrett and Julius Randle (25 points each).
Jalen Brunson went off for a season-high 34 points in the @nyknicks W! #NewYorkForever
? @jalenbrunson1: 34 PTS, 9 AST pic.twitter.com/vcr0TLaHYu
— NBA (@NBA) November 22, 2022
Evan Fournier wasn’t asked again, but this time he at least went with Svi Mykhailiuk and Ryan Arcidiacono.
– Without Paul George, but there is one Kawhi Leonard limited to a few minutes, the Clippers clinched a victory at home against Utah, the leader of the West. In a game of squandered runs and advantages, the Californians came up short Norman Powell (30 points), Reggie Jackson (27 pts) and a fiery 4th quarter (33-21) for the Jazz to bow.
Nicolas Batum played 25 minutes off the bench for 7 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 steals.